MW Logistics is looking to expand its footprint and open branch offices throughout the US. If you are a strong candidate that wants to grow a business, reap the rewards of being profitable and benefit from a great brand then please read on.
This person will be responsible for setting and meeting growth objectives, employee training, performance management, compliance and new business development, as well as carrier procurement, rate negotiation and service quality control. Current transportation modes include truckload, LTL and intermodal.
- Oversee and manage daily freight brokerage operations.
- Supervise operations and account managers, and hire talent.
- Establish financial goals and manage P&L, including gross revenue growth, contribution margin and net profit.
- Deliver annual budget plans, including staffing, labor and capital expense requirements.
- Effectively communicate strategies across the organization.
- Implement policies and procedures to a high quality of delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for customer on-boarding after sale.
- Procure carriers, negotiate rate contracts, and measure delivery performance.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- At least 7 years of freight brokerage experience, with 3 years in a management or supervisory role.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to establish a positive culture, effectively communicate strategy to all levels, prioritize tasks, and assign responsibilities and accountability.
- Demonstrated success in profitably expanding freight brokerage sales and branch operations.
- Hands-on experience in setting up multi-modal freight brokerage, including the implementation and use of state-of-the-market TMS.
- Experience in carrier procurement, contract negotiation and quality measurement.
- Former responsibility for budgeting and profit and loss accountability.
- Entrepreneurial spirit for leadership and ability to collaborate in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes.
- College degree preferred in Supply Chain/Logistics or Business Management.
Do you have what it takes?
Culture – Can you create a winning culture with high performers who are accountable, competitive and professional?
Ownership- Do you understand transportation solution design and processes? Do you possess a consultative sales approach combined with effective negotiation skills and excellent written and verbal communication? Are you results and metrics driven?
Strong Work Ethic- Can you work independently and manage to high expectations?
Accountability- Are you results driven and able to establish challenging goals? Are you committed to constant improvement and learning?
If so, you’re going to love:
Competitive pay and benefits
A generous bonus program
Abundant career opportunities
Paid holidays and generous personal time off
Generous car allowance program